Saturday, July 24, 2010

Volume - The hunt for this elusive creature continues


Ah Volume, how I hunt for thee. No expense has been spared in the crusade for dependable, lasting volume but it remains tantalizing, and just out of reach. Below are some products I reach for every morning and the hunt continues... Stay tuned for new discoveries.

In the winners circle for hairspray are: Nick Chavez Amazon Hair Body Building Spray. This really does deserve an award for service to womankind, it never feels stiff or tacky and gives plenty of ooomph wherever it is sprayed. I rarely repeat products preferring to believe in the next best thing but this is an exception, I have left cans of the stuff in my wake. I get mine from Ulta or Follica.com.

A new discovery is Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hairspray. This is fairly new but I like it, gives a stiffer feel to the hair than the above product but sometimes a girl needs that to make it through the day.  Available at Aveda salons nationwide.

Also winners in the hair spray award category is Ojon Volumizing Extra Hold Hiarspray, and our very own Blow Out Non-Stick Hairspray, a truly revolutionary formulation that we adore. Vogue seems to agree as they named it one of the 5 best hair-sprays evah. Not bad press for the great people at Blow, the New York Blow-Out Bar.
Blow Hair Care is available at CraveBeautyOnline.com

Blow also has a great Blow-Up Root-Lift Concentrate product that works well enough to deserve honorable mention.  People swear by the Blow Faux Dry dry shampoo powder too, this is a popular item on our website.


I like mousse styling products best, there are good ones in regular rotation in my bathroom from Frederick Fekkai and Nexus, a gel I really like is by Shu Uemura and is called Fiber Lift Protective Volumizer. It is a clear gel and I reach for this on days I have to achieve my best hair.  I found it at Follica.com.

GO forth and volumize people and please let us know what you find!

No comments: